Latest News

Young woman electrocuted while taking a bath after her smartphone fell into the water

By Mason White 11:38 AM February 13, 2015
Yevgenia Sviridenko 

By: Feng Qian
A young woman is dead after her smartphone accidentally fell into her bathtub while she was relaxing in the hot water, police in Russia said.

Moscow Police said that 24-year-old Yevgenia Sviridenko, has died after being electrocuted by her smartphone.

Sviridenko was discovered by her roommate floating in the bathtub on Monday night. The roommate, who was not identified, said that she went into the bathroom after Sviridenko was in there for a very long time.

When she went inside, she was horrified to find Sviridenko floating in the water. Her phone was also in the water. She pulled her out and her body was shaking.

Paramedics who arrived at the scene, attempted to revive her, but they were unsuccessful.

According to the police investigation, Sviridenko was using her smartphone while laying in the bathtub because her social media account was updated around the time of her death.