Toddler starves to death after his mother died from drug overdoseBy Mason White 9:21 AM March 9, 2015
|Sara and Casey Kessler|
By: Mahesh Sarin
(Scroll down for video) A man went to check on his sister after he did not hear from her for a few days.
Sadly, he found his 22-year-old sister dead in her apartment of a drug overdose, according to police.
Sara Kessler and her 10-month-old son Casey of Pennsylvania, were found dead inside their apartment.
Assistant Allegheny County Police Superintendent James Morton, said that the woman may have been dead for over a week.
Sara Kessler was found on her bed and used needles were all over her home. The 10-month-old boy was found dead in the living room.
The baby is believed to have crawled around the house for some time while his mother was deceased. He later died of starvation.
3 house cats were also found in the apartment. Police said that the animals survived because of an automatic feeder.
A neighbor said that Sara Kessler was a known drug addict and that her family had tried to get her help many times.