Latest News

6-year-old boy bleeds from eyes and ears after eating lollipop he found on street

By Mason White 11:40 AM March 11, 2015
Lollipop illustration 

By: Tanya Malhotra
(Scroll down for video) A young boy died suddenly after eating a lollipop he found on the street.

The 6-year-old boy of China, was playing with his friends when he began to bleed from the eyes, ears, nose and mouth.

The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital after eating the lollipop that he had found on the street in Heze, Shandong.

The family of the young boy suspected that he was poisoned by the sweets he had found on the ground behind their house. He did not eat any food for at least 20 minutes before the incident.

The boy, Xiao Li, was playing hide and seek with his friends when he suddenly began screaming for help.

His friends ran to call an adult. After discovering what had happened, his family rushed Li to the hospital for medical treatment.

Sadly, doctors were unable to save the young boy and he died at the hospital.

After analyzing urine and blood samples from Li, doctors found a strong presence of rat poison in his system.
Police are investigating the case.