Latest News

38-year-old man drops dead after eating soup at restaurant

By Mason White 11:35 AM March 27, 2015
Soup illustration 

By: Tanya Malhotra
A young man is dead after he ate his favorite soup at a restaurant, police in the United Kingdom said.

Now, the restaurant owner, the recipient of an award, has been charged with manslaughter after the soup contained peanuts despite the fact that the man ordered a peanut free soup.

Paul Wilson, 38, suffered anaphylactic shock after eating the food at the Indian Garden of Easingwold, North Yorkshire. The owner, 52-year-old Mohammed Khalique Zaman, has been charged with manslaughter by gross negligence.

Wilson, the father of a 6-year-old boy, ate the soup before collapsing in his bathroom at the Oak Tree pub in Helperby.

Zaman has also been charged with perverting the course of justice and an employment offense under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act.

Police have also arrested an employee of the restaurant, but he was released without being charged.