Grandmother poisons her grandchildren with hot cocoa that expired 25 years agoBy Mason White 6:07 PM March 31, 2015
|Hot cocoa illustration|
By: Feng Qian
A grandmother was arrested on charges causing injury after allegedly sickening her grandchildren by serving them hot cocoa that expired 25 years ago, police in Italy said.
Vicenza Police said that they arrested the 77-year-old grandmother after three children and two adults were rushed to the emergency room.
According to the police investigation, all victims became sick after drinking hot cocoa at the grandmother’s house. Investigators checked the woman’s remaining packets of hot cocoa and learned that it expired 25 years ago.
The first person to get sick with diarrhea and vomiting was a friend of the woman’s grandchildren. Later, the woman’s two grandchildren became sick followed by the woman’s son.
The children are between 8 and 12 years old. Police have charged the woman identified as Rosetta, with causing injury through negligence.