Latest News

Toddler chokes on cigarette butt while her mother was out drinking

By Mason White 9:42 AM April 2, 2015
Kendra Hampton 

By: Tanya Malhotra
(Scroll down for video) A toddler choked on a cigarette butt, while her mother was out drinking.

39-year-old Kendra Hampton of Florida, went to a bar and left her 3 children home without telling other family members that she was leaving.

Her 3 children were unsupervised for some time, before the 1-year-old child found an ashtray, ate a cigarette butt and choked on it.

Family members who heard the child choking, went to investigate. Luckily, they were able to save the child.

Hampton spent her afternoon drinking at Scruffy’s Bar, and when she finally returned home, she was clearly intoxicated.

Family members called police after Hampton became aggressive and made statements about hurting herself.

When police arrived, Hampton became combative and bruised a deputy’s finger. She was arrested and charged with felony neglect of a child, domestic violence and resisting arrest.