Latest News

Drunk man rushed to hospital after eating glass beer bottle

By Mason White 9:21 AM April 14, 2015
Beer illustration 

By: Wayne Morin
A drunk man was rushed to a hospital after eating a glass beer bottle, police in Australia said.

Wagaman Police and St. John paramedics were called to a house around 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, after the 38-year-old man had chewed and swallowed lots of glass before laying down in bed.

The man was taken to the Royal Darwin Hospital, and he is said to be critical condition. The man’s family said that the incident happened after he got drunk at the family’s get together.

In March, a woman in the United Kingdom, was horrified to find a thick screw in her mouth after biting into a burger she bought at McDonald’s.

44-year-old Donna Savingar of Halmer End, said that she was enjoying breakfast at McDonald’s in Newcastle, when she took a bite out of her McMuffin and spat out a screw.

She sent her daughter to complain and she was just offered a fresh McMuffin. 20-year-old Dayna Bennett said that she took the burger and the screw back to the counter and showed it to the employees.

Savingar sent the photo of the screw to McDonald’s headquarters along with a formal complaint. She hopes that she will receive a refund for the food.

McDonald’s confirmed that there was an ongoing investigation into how the screw ended in the McMuffin.