Latest News

Snake has surgery after swallowing large pair of barbecue tongs

By Mason White 11:45 AM May 15, 2015
The x ray showing the tongs inside the snake 

By: Wayne Morin
(Scroll down for video) A snake was taken to a hospital for surgery after eating its food together with the serving utensil.

The owner of the pet python in Australia, rushed the animal to a hospital after it swallowed the serving tongs together with its food.

The snake, named Winston, is recovering after swallowing the pair of barbecue tongs. Its owner, Aaron Rouse, was feeding the animal when Winston ate the tongs.

Rouse called a local veterinarian, who operated on the snake.

X-rays taken of Winston, shows the tongs inside the snake’s body, Dr. Oliver Funnell, the veterinarian who removed the object from Winston, said.