Latest News

Couple dies of poisoning after having sex in their car for 90 minutes

By Mason White 9:08 AM May 19, 2015
Violet Iles and David Long 

By: Tanya Malhotra
A couple died of poisoning after they were having sex in their car with the windows shut and the engine running, police in Kentucky said.

The Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office said that 25-year-old Violet Iles and 32-year-old David Long, were overcome by carbon monoxide leaking into the car through an exhaust pipe.

Their bodies were found near a house in Glencoe on Wednesday. The two were in the car for about 90 minutes before they died.

Long and Iles kept the car’s engine running for heat as the temperature fell to 40 degrees that night. Police are still awaiting the results of toxicology reports to see if alcohol or drugs were in their systems.

Long’s brother discovered the bodies around 6:40 a.m. near his mobile home on Lothridge Lane. He said that he saw them while walking his children to their school bus.

He did CPR, but it was too late.