Latest News

Woman gets kitchen spatula stuck in her body while trying and clear her throat

By Mason White 10:41 AM May 28, 2015
X-ray photo of spatula in Hsuing’s throat 

By: Chan Yuan
A woman was rushed to a hospital after a spatula became stuck in her throat.

The woman of China, almost died after she put the 11-inch long kitchen spatula in her mouth in order to clear her throat.

31-year-old Guan Hsuing of Dongguan, said that she had been trying a new recipe with exotic spices and herbs, when she suddenly felt her throat beginning to swell in an allergic reaction.

She first tried to clear her throat with her fingers, followed by chop sticks. When this failed to give her relief, she grabbed the 11-inch long spatula and shoved it down her throat.

She panicked when the utensil became wedged in her throat that she could not remove it.

Her 4-year-old daughter was home at the time. The girl walked her to an elevator and down the stairs to get help as she struggled to breathe.

An ambulance was called, and Hsuing was rushed to a hospital for treatment.

She was admitted for emergency surgery and doctors were able to remove the utensil. Doctors were also forced to cut away 8 inches of her esophagus that had been damaged beyond repair.