Latest News

Man and his dog die of heat after being trapped inside dream luxury car

By Mason White 9:05 AM June 12, 2015
Corvette illustration  

By: Wayne Morin
(Scroll down for video) A man tragically died next to his dog after being trapped in his car.

The 72-year-old man of Texas, died in his dream car when the lock malfunctioned, becoming trapped inside his 2007 Corvette with his dog Leia.

James Rogers and his dog of Port Arthur, both died of heat exhaustion after a battery cable became loose, shutting off the car’s power.

Rogers stopped at a Waffle House, where he was a regular customer. As he got into his luxury car to leave with the doors and windows closed, the power malfunctioned.

Rogers was unable to call for help because he accidentally left his phone inside the restaurant.

Another customer and employees tried to rescue Rogers but were not able open the doors. Firefighter finally broke a window, but Rogers and his dog were already deceased.

His daughter said that her father wanted the Corvette for many years, and it was his dream car.