Latest News

Hungry cat burns down owner’s home after jumping on the stove to eat some food

By Mason White 4:12 PM June 16, 2015
Cat eating food illustration 

By: Chan Yuan
A man’s home was burned down after his hungry cat jumped on the stove to get some food, firefighters in the United Kingdom said.

Undercliffe firefighters said that the cat started the fire by accidentally turning on the electric stove as it tried to get some food that was left there.

Firefighters were called around 3:00 a.m., after a neighbor heard a smoke alarm. The owner of the house was away for a couple of days.

According to investigators, an open package of cat food was left on top of the electric cooker, and when the cat jumped on the touch-sensitive surface, the heat turned on.

By the time firefighters extinguished the fire, there was extensive smoke damage throughout the house. The cat managed to survive.