Latest News

Girl dies of heatstroke after spending hours in sun using free WiFi so she can be on Facebook

By Mason White 3:10 PM July 13, 2015
Andreea Patuleanu 

By: Chan Yuan
A girl died after sitting in the sun for hours while using Facebook.

14-year-old Andreea Patuleanu died of a heatstroke after spending too much time in the sun while on Facebook.

Police in Romania, said that she spent all day in the scorching heat before dying.

Like many teenagers, Facebook was a big part of Patuleanu’s life, but the girl, who is from a poor family, did not have Internet access.

The girl died after sitting for hours in the sun to use free WiFi offered by the village hall so she can be on Facebook.

Patuleanu of Domnesti, who had a pre-existing heart condition, collapsed on Wednesday, after she suddenly began feeling ill.

Emergency services who arrived at the scene, tried to resuscitate her, but failed.