Latest News

Hungry dogs start fire in house after trying to eat cupcakes left on top of stove

By Mason White 10:42 AM August 12, 2015
Cupcakes illustration 

By: Tanya Malhotra
Firefighters were called to a home in Pennsylvania, after two dogs tried to eat cupcakes, which were left on top of a stove, police said.

Logan Township police said that the owner of the house went to his tenant’s home around 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, in order to walk the two dogs, which were left alone.

When the owner entered the home, he immediately noticed a small fire on top of the stove and called the fire department.

According to the police investigation, the dogs were trying to get to the cupcakes and moved one of the control knobs on the stove, causing the fire.

The fire has been ruled accidental. No one was injured, but the home suffered damage.