Teenage boy dies after parents give him lots of alcohol to teach him a lessonBy Mason White 1:12 PM September 18, 2015
|Joseph and Paulette Richardson|
By: Chan Yuan
A teenage boy died after his mother and stepfather allegedly made him drink a lot of alcohol.
The mother and stepfather were arrested after her 16-year-old boy died of alcohol poisoning when they tried to “teach him a lesson” about drinking, police in Wyoming said.
The couple of Evanston, is now facing charges of manslaughter.
Paulette Richardson and her husband, Joseph, told police that their son Kendall Ball, often spoke about his desire to drink alcohol.
The mother agreed to allow her son to drink under adult supervision. Paulette Richardson then plied the child with a lot of alcohol with the intention of making him sick.
According to police, the mother said that the child’s father is an alcoholic, and she did not want him to turn out that way.
After downing shots of Fireball and Jack Daniel’s with a friend and Joseph Richardson, the 16-year-old boy became very intoxicated. He went to bed around 10:30 p.m., according to a police affidavit.
When his stepfather checked on him at 3:45 a.m., Kendall was unresponsive. He called an ambulance.
The autopsy confirmed that the teen’s blood alcohol level was 0.587 percent, well above the legal driving limit of 0.08 percent.
The couple could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.