Latest News

Woman horrified after her dog swallowed 2.5 carat diamond engagement ring she received from her husband

By Mason White 2:29 AM September 27, 2015
Engagement ring illustration 

By: Chan Yuan
A woman in Australia, who is engaged to be married, was horrified after her expensive diamond engagement ring disappeared from her home.

The incident unfolded after Susan Brewer of Melbourne, left her 2.5 carat diamond engagement ring on her nightstand before leaving for the day.

When she returned home, the diamond engagement ring was not there. She and her children Sam, 11, and Henry, 13, began searching the house for the ring.

At some point, she began suspecting that her dog Grizzly, probably knocked it over and took it somewhere. They went outside, and checked the dog’s favorite digging places.

After being unable to find the ring, she suspected that the dog swallowed it. Brewer took the dog to the vet. An x-ray showed that the diamond was stuck in the dog’s intestine.

After two days, the dog passed the ring. Brewer used boiling water with antibacterial soap and a toothbrush to clean the ring.