Latest News

Mother dies while feeding baby causing him to choke to death

By Mason White 5:26 PM October 7, 2015
Erika Tomassian 

By: Tanya Malhotra
(Scroll down for video) A baby died after choking on food that was fed to him by his mother from Australia, police California said.

The woman’s 2-year-old son, who was left alone in the apartment, cried until neighbors called for help.

Los Angeles police said that 45-year-old Erika Tomassian, who is from Sydney, was feeding her 1-year-old boy Michael, when she died of natural causes.

Michael, who was strapped in a high chair, fatally choked on the food. Nathan, who was left all alone in the apartment, cried until neighbors decided to call the police.

The police and firefighters who arrived at the scene, found the mother on the floor. She died of natural causes. The 1-year-old child was found dead in the high chair.

The 2-year-old child was rushed to a hospital and is said to be in stable condition. Tomassian had recently been treated for bronchitis and chest pains, and could have died from complications of the disease.