Latest News

2-year-old boy in coma after choking on fruit at restaurant

By Mason White 5:53 PM October 12, 2015
Jacob Jenkins 

By: Tanya Malhotra
A young boy was hospitalized after choking on fruit at a Pizza Hut in the United Kingdom.

The was identified as 2-year-old Jacob Jenkins.

Jacob was rushed to the Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary, where he is in critical condition after swallowing a grape while eating with his family.

Jacob was with his father David Jenkins and his mother Abigail Wilson at Pizza Hut in Hartlepool, when the grape became lodged in his throat, prompting a frantic call for help.

David ran outside to get help. Two people who know first aid and work at a nearby entertainment complex, gave the child medical assistance before paramedics arrived and transported him to the hospital in an air ambulance.

Jacob is still in a medically induced coma with his parents at his bedside.