Latest News

Man pours super glue into his ear after mistaking bottle for medication

By Mason White 3:18 AM October 26, 2015
Krazy glue illustration 

By: Mahesh Sarin
(Scroll down for video) A man checked himself into a hospital in middle of night after he mistook a bottle of super glue for ear drops, doctors in China said.

The 45-year-old man identified as song of Hangzhou, had an ear infection and needed surgery.

After the surgery, Song was given medication to relieve itching in his ear. One night, Song woke up with a terrible itch in his ear.

He quickly grabbed a bottle from his nightstand and poured liquid in his ear. Instead of relief, he felt his ear burning. He took a closer look at the bottle, and realized that instead of the ear medication, he poured super glue into his ear.

Song rushed over to the hospital in the middle of the night.

Doctors examined the hysterical patient and saw that his ear, face and hands were covered with glue. The glue had dried completely, blocking his ear canal.

Song was very nervous and feared that he could go deaf.

Doctors however, told Song to go home and come back in a week, as the natural moisture of the ear will cause the glue to detach from his skin.

A week later, the glue began to loosen, and doctors were able to pull off the glue. The patient suffered inflammation in his ear canal, but is expected to make a full recovery.