Latest News

7-year-old boy dies of heart attack on vacation after eating bowl of noodles at restaurant

By Mason White 7:40 PM November 4, 2015
Cameron Wahid (center) 

By: Wayne Morin
A young boy from the United Kingdom, died during a vacation in Italy, after eating a bowl of noodles with his family at a restaurant.

7-year-old Cameron Wahid of East Grinstead, was enjoying a meal at the restaurant in Scala on Tuesday, before his heart stopped beating.

Wahid’s parents, Cassandra and Rizwan, said that their son was allergic to dairy and the noodles might have had exposure to milk.

After eating the bowl of pasta, Wahid returned to their tour bus, where he went into shock and his heart stopped. A doctor at the scene managed to revive him after 15 minutes, and Wahid was taken to a nearby hospital.

However, his condition deteriorated further, and he was airlifted to a children’s hospital in Naples. He died on Friday.

Police said that the mother explained to employees of the restaurant that her son suffered from allergies, but she might not have been clear enough or the workers did not understand what she was saying.