Latest News

Dog owner suffers burns after pet set his house on fire with burning blanket

By Mason White 6:40 PM November 25, 2015
Dog illustration 

By: Feng Qian
A man was rushed to a hospital after suffering burns when his dog dragged a burning blanket out of its kennel, police in Washington said.

The Benton County Sheriff’s Office said that 52-year-old Bob Bliss, was taken to the Harborview Medical Center on Saturday, after suffering from smoke inhalation and second-degree burns to his face.

According to the police investigation, police officers and firefighters were called the Bliss’ home on Saturday around 4:30 a.m., on reports of a fire.

They arrived at the home located at 835 Old Inland Empire Road, and found that the house was on fire.

Police determined that the dog’s blanket, which was next to a space heater, caught on fire and the pet dragged it out, causing the rest of the house to go up in flames.

Bliss suffered from smoke inhalation and burns to his face. He is said to be in stable condition and is expected to survive.