Man chokes to death while enjoying steak at restaurant during 57th birthday celebrationBy Mason White 2:12 PM December 7, 2015
|Christopher Russ at his 57th birthday party|
By: Wayne Morin
A man died after choking on a piece of steak during his birthday celebration at a restaurant, police in Florida said.
Fort Myers police said that 57-year-old Christopher Russ, was with friends and family at the Ted’s Montana Grill, when he began choking.
Paramedics and employees tried to save the choking man after a piece of steak got lodged in his throat. After 25 minutes, Russ was declared dead.
Russ ordered a martini and steak and was halfway through his meal when he died.
Russ’ landlord, Francine Ryan, said that the victim was very excited to eat at the Ted’s Montana Grill, and spoke about his upcoming birthday celebration many times.
She also said that Russ ordered a 6-inch-long steak and it was prepared medium to rare. She watched as Russ quickly ate his steak before he began choking.