Latest News

Firefighters save 60 poisonous spiders from home that was on fire

By Mason White 6:28 PM December 9, 2015
Spider illustration 

By: Wayne Morin
Firefighters are known to save people and their pets from fires, but now, a crew in the United Kingdom, has saved dozens of poisonous spiders from a blaze that broke out in their owner’s home.

Firefighters in Basingstoke, said that two departments were called to the scene of a fire on Culver Road around 12:00 p.m. on Monday.

The were greeted by the owner of the home, and they were told that dozens of poisonous spiders were inside the home, and several may have escaped due to the blaze.

Firefighters rushed into the property, where they discovered a small fire and several glass cases containing more than 60 poisonous spiders.

They helped the owner remove them from the affected area, but several of the spiders have died due to the fire. The fire itself was extinguished in 30 minutes.