Latest News

Father saves son’s life by pulling gun on doctors who wanted to remove him from life support

By Mason White 7:05 PM December 23, 2015
George Pickering II with George III 

By: Tanya Malhotra
(Scroll down for video) A father and son were very happy to reunite after the father was jailed for saving his son’s life.

The father was released from prison after spending 11 months awaiting trial for charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The father of Texas, said that his actions were committed out of pure love and he did indeed save his son’s life.

59-year-old George Pickering II said that his son George III, had a history of seizures when he suffered a massive stroke and was placed in intensive care at the Tomball Regional Medical Center.

“Doctors said that he was brain dead, he was a vegetable,” Pickering said.

The hospital ordered George III, to be put on a “terminal wean,” were he would gradually be taken off from life support. The doctors also informed an organ donation organization that George III, wanted to donate his organs after his death.

Pickering’s former wife and other son had agreed to the move. However, the loving father said that his son needed more time. He believed that the doctors were moving too fast.

“I knew that if I had three or four hours, I would know if my son was indeed brain dead,” Pickering said.

Pickering explained that he had gone through a similar situation before and George III recovered from that incident, and he believed that his son would pull through once again.

Desperate to save his son, Pickering pulled a gun on hospital staff who refused to wait another few hours to remove his son from life support.

He was quickly disarmed by his other son. Pickering lied and said he had a second weapon.

A SWAT team was called to the hospital. During the following three hours, George III squeezed his hand three or four times.

When his son showed signs of recovering, Pickering surrendered to the police. He spent 11 months in jail after he was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The charges were reduced and Pickering was released this month, after being given credit for time served.

Today, George III is alive and well, thanks to his father. “There was a law broken, but it was broken for all the right reasons,” George III said.