|Domino’s Pizza moldy donuts|
A young college student in the United Kingdom, felt nauseated after receiving a box of moldy donuts from Domino's Pizza.
The incident unfolded after 20-year-old Chloe Smith and her friend, ordered a pizza pie and the donuts after a night of studying.
As they opened the box of donuts, they were hit by a horrible stench and the four cakes were covered in black mold. Smith, a student at the St. Mary’s University in Twickenham, London, vowed never to buy anything from Domino’s again.
Smith said that at first, they thought that the spots might be chocolate chips, but then the stench coming from the box was so overwhelming.
They could not understand why an employee would place such donuts in a box and send them out for delivery. The branch manager of the Domino’s apologized and offered a refund.
A spokesperson for Domino’s said the matter was being taken very seriously.
"Food quality is a high priority for Domino’s, and we have strict processes and procedures in place to handle all the ingredients and products. We have asked the customer to contact us immediately so that we can carry out a full and thorough investigation about this issue," the spokesperson said in a statement.
Health officials announced that they launched an investigation into the incident.