|Lachlan and Hayley Canak|
A mother in Australia, was shocked to see a hole in her child’s tongue that was caused by sour candy.
7-year-old Lachlan Canak of Sydney, thought he could eat a treat before going to school without anyone knowing.
However, after a few minutes, he went running to his mother in pain. The boy’s mother, Hayley, was surprised to see the damage a Warheads sour candy did to the tongue of her child.
She took photos of her son’s tongue and posted them on Facebook as a warning to other parents. The candy that burned tongue Lachlan was Warheads Juniors Extreme Sour.
They contain malic acid and are marketed as an extreme candy by Impact Confections. The packaging indicates that the candy is suitable for children ages 4 and up.
The box has a warning label stating that eating several pieces in a short period of time can cause temporary irritation to sensitive tongues and mouths.