(Scroll down for video) A man who wanted to pray over his steak before eating it, suffered serious burns to his face and eyes, according to a lawsuit filed in New Jersey.
Hiram Jimenez said that he visited an Applebee’s restaurant in Westampton with his brother, Rafael, and decided to pray over their food.
Jimenez said that when he leaned his head on his meat, he felt a burning sensation on the left side of his face.
Jimenez, who claimed that the waitress did not warn him that the food was hot, said that he turned the plate over in a panic, causing the food to spill on his lap, causing more burns.
In the lawsuit, Jimenez accused the restaurant of negligence resulting in serious injury.
However, the court ruled against Jimenez, saying that he should have known that the steak was hot enough to cause burns.