|Kathleen M. Peacock and Lucas R. Barnes|
(Scroll down for video) The parents of a 2-year-old boy who died of heat, were arrested on a charge of child abuse after being accused of leaving a space heater in his room while cooking meth, police in Missouri said.
St. Charles police said that they have arrested 22-year-old Kathleen M. Peacock and 25-year-old Lucas R. Barnes, after being accused of leaving a space heater in the room of 2-year-old Braydon Barnes.
The couple was charged with child abuse and neglect and manufacturing meth.
According to the police investigation, Braydon Barnes was left alone in a room with the space heater for 38 hours, as his parents were busy using and cooking meth.
After Peacock noticed that her son is unresponsive, she went to a neighbor’s home for help. The neighbor went into the boy’s room and noticed that the room was extremely hot.
An autopsy revealed that the boy died of hyperthermia.