Latest News

Hungry dog named Firestarter sets home on fire after turning on electric grill while looking for food

By Mason White 3:51 AM February 9, 2016
Dog that started fire 

By: Mahesh Sarin
A family’s home suffered damage after their hungry dog set their kitchen on fire while looking for food, firefighters in the United Kingdom said.

29-year-old Rachel Thomas and 35-year-old Robert Thomas of Clydach, said that their 4-month-old dog Ted, was looking for food in the kitchen on Wednesday, and accidentally turned on an electric grill.

This caused a fire and the smoke alarms sounded. Rachel Thomas, who was sleeping with her kids in the home at the time, woke up and quickly took her kids to safety.

The mother and her children, Bronwen, 6, and Osian, 3, were taken to a hospital, where they were checked and released.

Robert Thomas was at work at the time of the incident.

Rachel Thomas said that she was able to free her dogs from the house despite the fact that it was full of smoke, and they were not injured.

Robert Thomas said that the dog was renamed Firestarter.