Latest News

14-year-old girl gets electrocuted after charging phone while sitting in bathtub full of water

By Mason White 4:37 PM February 23, 2016
Cellphone (illustration) 

By: Mahesh Sarin
A young teenager died in a bathtub with her phone in her hand.

The 14-year-old girl of Russia, was trying to charge her cellphone while in the bathroom, but died when the charger fell into the water.

The tragedy occurred after the eighth-grade student, who has not yet been identified, used an extension cord to plug in the phone as the bathroom did not have a working outlet.

The teenager lived with her 40-year-old mother and older brother in Moscow, where the family had recently moved from Moldova.

According to the mother, she became concerned when she realized that her daughter had been in the bathtub for a long time.

She called her daughter, but after not getting a response, she went in and found her daughter’s body in the bathtub with her charger in her hand and the cellphone on the bathroom floor.

Prosecutor Yulia Ivanova said that the incident is being investigated.