McDonald’s restaurant bans anyone under 18 years old because children are troublemakersBy Mason White 4:56 AM February 26, 2016
|Ronald McDonald (illustration)|
By: Chan Yuan
A McDonald’s restaurant in the United Kingdom, announced that it will not allow anyone under 18 years old to sit down for a meal in the store because children cause trouble.
The ban means that anyone under 18 years old cannot sit in the restaurant unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
So far, only one restaurant in Stoke-on-Trent has been affected by the rule, but the ban could be extended to other restaurants that are affected by anti-social behavior.
The manager of the McDonald’s said that he made the new rule after police warned him about anti-social behavior caused by teens.
After the problems with anti-social behavior, the police advised McDonald’s to introduce a policy of take-away only for unaccompanied children.
The warning came after police were called to the McDonald’s, after 24 children were involved in a brawl. Eight people were arrested and two air weapons were recovered.
The measure was taken as a last resort in order to protect the safety of customers and employees, the manager said.