Latest News

KFC bans anyone under 18 years old from eating at restaurant after children were involved in violent fights

By Mason White 3:42 AM March 3, 2016
KFC location (illustration) 

By: Feng Qian
A KFC restaurant in the United Kingdom, announced that they will not allow anyone under 18 years old to eat at the premises after numerous incidents of violence.

The KFC restaurant in Meir Park, Stoke-on-Trent, will only allow children under 18 years old to stay if they are under the supervision of an adult.

If children do not have an adult with them, they will only be able to enter the premises to order food and take it out with them.

Last week, a McDonald’s restaurant announced that it will not allow anyone under 18 years old to sit down for a meal in the store because children cause trouble.

The ban means that anyone under 18 years old cannot sit in the restaurant unless accompanied by a responsible adult.

So far, only one restaurant in Stoke-on-Trent has been affected by the rule, but the ban could be extended to other restaurants that are affected by anti-social behavior.

The manager of the McDonald’s said that he made the new rule after police warned him about anti-social behavior caused by teens.

After the problems with anti-social behavior, the police advised McDonald’s to introduce a policy of take-away only for unaccompanied children.

The warning came after police were called to the McDonald’s, after 24 children were involved in a brawl. Eight people were arrested and two air weapons were recovered.

The measure was taken as a last resort in order to protect the safety of customers and employees, the manager said.