Latest News

Vet finds large stuffed animal inside dog’s stomach after being sick for more than a week

By Mason White 4:24 PM March 17, 2016

By: Mahesh Sarin
A dog in New Mexico, is lucky to be alive after swallowing a stuffed animal, which remained stuck in its stomach for more than a week.

The dog’s owner of Santa Fe, said that her pet got sick a week ago, and she became desperate because she couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it.

She went with her dog to a vet, and a large stuffed animal was discovered inside its stomach. The dog named Honey, has undergone surgery to have the stuffed polar bear removed.

The polar bear was six inches long and two inches wide. The vet said that Honey was only a couple of days away from death.

The dog is expected to make a full recovery. Honey went home with her owner on Tuesday.

“Just wanted to give you all an update on Honey, the dog that swallowed a stuffed toy. Honey is doing well and will be released to its owner today.

“It turned out that the stuffed toy was actually a polar bear, complete with black nose and ribbon. Dr. Snook said that the dog had been vomiting for about a week, so that’s when we think it swallowed the toy.

“We’re so happy we were able to help it out as a couple of more days, it would not have made it,” the Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society said.