Latest News

Woman glues her eyes shut after mistaking glue for eye drops

By Mason White 3:13 PM March 22, 2016
Eyes (illustration) 

By: Wayne Morin
(Scroll down for video) A young woman who mistook a bottle of glue for eye drops shut her eyes shut, doctors in China said.

Doctors at the Shenzhen Eye Hospital in Shenzhen, said that the woman escaped injuries thanks to her contact lenses.

20-year-old Zhao Xing Nvzi told doctors that they should be careful not to cut off her eyelashes during their treatment.

Dr. Zhanhang Kai said that in response to the young woman’s request, he worked an hour to remove the glue without damaging her eyelashes.

Kai also said that woman’s eyesight was not damaged due to the fact that she had contact lenses, preventing the glue from making direct contact.

The incident unfolded on Thursday.