Hungry dog suffers serious burns after jumping onto stove to retrieve piece of leftover meat

Hungry dog suffers serious burns after jumping onto stove to retrieve piece of leftover meat


The hungry dog after being rescued from the burning home 
By: Tanya Malhotra

A hungry pet dog burned down its owner’s house after jumping onto a stove to get a piece of leftover meat while it was home alone, firefighters in Texas said.

The Austin Fire Department said that the dog caused a lot of damage to the structure of the home after starting a fire by climbing onto the stove to retrieve a piece of barbecue meat.

According to the investigation, Bentley, the Labrador retriever, was alone in the house around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, when it accidentally turned on the stove, causing an out of control fire.

The dog was rescued from the house and resuscitated by firefighters. The fire caused $75,000 in damage to the two-story house and $25,000 in damage to the contents of the home.

Two people were displaced as a result of the fire. The dog was sent to a veterinary hospital, and is said to be in serious condition.


Loading...