16-year-old boy dies while partying and taking drugs with his mother and grandmotherBy Mason White 9:35 AM April 12, 2016
|Heather and Andrew Frye|
By: Tanya Malhotra
(Scroll down for video) Three women were arrested after a teenage boy died of a drug overdose.
Police in Ohio, were called to a Super 8 motel room in Akron, where they found the teenager lying dead on the floor.
Police said that while 16-year-old Andrew Frye was dying on the floor of the hotel, his mother, grandmother and her friends continued to party around him.
The adults supplied the teen with a mixture of heroin and fentanyl. His mother called police after she woke up in the morning and realized that he was dead.
Frye did not live with his mother, Heather Frye, 31. He was adopted by his great aunt Tammy Smith, 54, when he was just six months old after his mother was arrested on a drug charge.
Smith said that she did not like her adopted son to go out with Heather Frye, but he wanted his mother’s affection.
Police said that the boy’s mother who took him out for the weekends, said that she wanted to be the “fun weekend mom.”
Sadly, she and her mother allowed the teen to take drugs with them, and he died of a drug overdose.
Heather Frye, and her mother, Brenda Frye, 52, were arrested on multiple charges, including corrupting another with drugs, child endangerment, tampering with evidence and involuntary manslaughter.
The mother’s friend Jessica Irons, 34, and the grandmother’s friend, Donald Callaghan, 58 were also arrested. They are facing lesser charges in connection with the teenager’s death.