Woman saves man from heroin overdose at McDonald's but then overdoses herself


Lauren Thompson 
By: Mahesh Sarin

(Scroll down for video) A woman of Ohio, saved the life of a man who overdosed on drugs in a McDonald’s bathroom.

However, just a short time later, police were called to the woman’s home after she was found unresponsive.

The woman, Lauren Thompson, was found to have overdosed on heroin in the bathroom of her home while her son was in another room.

Thompson was found by her son’s caregiver who called police. During their investigation, police re-traced Thompson’s steps to find out more about where she got the drugs.

When they learned that she was at McDonald's before the incident, they reviewed the surveillance video at the restaurant.

It was then that police learned about Thompson’s rescue mission of Jasper Gaspar, when he overdosed on heroin in the bathroom of the restaurant.

Thompson was seen sitting on a bench in McDonald’s, when Gaspar returned to the table and slumped over. Thompson gave her Narcan to save his life.

Both Thompson and Gaspar, were arrested. Thompson faced a child endangerment charge. Jasper remains in custody while police are continuing their investigation.