11-year-old girl dies during birthday party after choking on marshmallowBy Mason White 5:27 PM April 25, 2016
By: Mahesh Sarin
(Scroll down for video) A young girl who was enjoying herself at a birthday party, died after a marshmallow became lodged in her throat, police in Massachusetts said.
11-year-old Azriel Estabrooks of Somerset, was dropped off at the birthday parts on Saturday.
The host of the party called the girl’s mother, Iris Estabrooks, saying that Azriel passed out and is not breathing. Several people at the birthday performed CPR, but the girl remained unconscious.
She was taken to the Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Rhode Island, where she died. According to the police investigation, Azriel choked on a piece of marshmallow.
She passed out, fell on the floor and was not helped for some period of time. By the time people tried to revive her, it was too late.