Young girl burns to death while trying to save grandmother from house fireBy Mason White 5:40 AM May 25, 2016
By: Feng Qian
A young girl died in a house fire while trying to save her grandmother who was trapped inside her bedroom, according to police in Malaysia.
Kota Kinabalu police said that 15-year-old Nurul Farhana Zulkifli, was burned to death while trying to pull out her grandmother, 86-year-old Tiah Awang, who was sleeping in her bedroom.
According to the police investigation, Awang’s house was one of the three houses that were destroyed in the fire, which was caused by a short circuit around 8:00 p.m. on Thursday.
The girl and her grandmother lived together in the house while Zulkifli’s parents and brother lived in another house next door.
A relative of the girl, 36-year-old Rosnizah Ngadiman, said that she was cooking when she heard the father of the girl, Hamid, scream for his daughter to get out of the house.
Everyone ran outside, but when Zulkifli realized that her grandmother was still inside she rushed into the house to try to get her out safely.
However, firefighters who arrived at the scene, found the girl dead in the arms of her grandmother.