|Laura Loretz and Johnny Benson at the hospital|
(Scroll down for video) A groom was taken to a hospital after being bitten by a snake while taking photos.
The newlywed couple definitely had a wedding day to remember after the rattlesnake bit the groom while they were taking photos at a picturesque reservoir.
Laura Loretz, 33, and Johnny Benson, 44, of Fort Collins, Colorado, got married at St. Joseph Catholic church on Monday afternoon.
They then stopped to take photos at the Horsetooth Reservoir in Larimer County, before making their way to their reception.
While Wedding photographer Madeleine Wilbur took photos of the couple's first moments together as newlyweds with the sun setting as the backdrop, the groom was suddenly bitten on the ankle.
A park ranger came to their aid, and the groom was taken to the Poudre Valley Hospital to be treated for the bite.
Luckily, the snake wasn't venomous, and after treatment, the couple was able to get back to their wedding reception and dance the night away with their guests.
The couple took photos of their trip to the hospital’s emergency room, and they returned to the wedding about 90 minutes later than expected.