|Paper shredder (illustration)|
A dog in the United Kingdom, suffered horrific injuries after accidentally sticking its tongue into a paper shredder.
The dog’s tongue was cut into eight pieces after putting its tongue into the blades of the paper shredder.
The eight-year-old black Labrador named Ruby, lived with its owner in Chard. It accidentally knocked cat food into the shredder.
When the dog attempted to retrieve it with its tongue, it was severely injured.
Ruby’s owner was not home at the time, but his 35-year-old son was caring for the dog. He rushed the dog to veterinarians.
Doctors at Country Veterinary Clinic in Taunton, performed a two hour operation and stitched the tongue back together.
Ruby, whose was left with permanent scars after the accident, had to be spoon-fed for a few days, but has since made a full recovery.
Veterinarians believe that Ruby accidentally turned on the automatic shredder while trying to retrieve the cat food.