Woman sets fire to her home while trying to cook brisket on open fire in bathtub


Roasted meat (illustration) 
By: Wayne Morin

(Scroll down for video) A woman caused a fire in her home while trying to cook a brisket on an open flame in her bathtub, according to police in Tennessee.

Knoxville Fire Department Capt. D.J. Corcoran said that firefighters did not have to use a fire hose to extinguish the fire as they only had to turn on the shower and use the head to put out the flames.

According to the police investigation, fire crews were called to the home located at 4834 Scheel Road on Monday night.

Firefighters who arrived at the scene, found a 50-year-old woman fanning smoke out of her apartment. They went inside to the source of the smoke and found the fiberglass in the bathroom had melted.

The woman told investigators that she lit a small grill inside the bathtub and put brisket on a wire rack through the edge of the tub.

The tub and brisket were a total loss, Corcoran said. The rest of the home also suffered some minor water damage. So far, no charges have been filed.