Teen gets bitten by venomous snake after stepping on it while playing Pokemon Go

Lane Smith in the hospital 
By: Tanya Malhotra

(Scroll down for video) A teenager in Texas, was rushed to a hospital after being bitten by a venomous snake after stepping on the reptile while playing Pokemon Go.

18-year-old Lane Smith of Flower Mound, was playing Pokemon Go with his friend on Tuesday.

Smith was trying to catch a Pokemon with his cellphone at the Parker Square Park, when he ran into a snake.

The friend realized the snake and walked away, but Smith, who was wearing slippers, stepped on it before his friend could warn him.

The snake bit Smith on the big toe. Only one of the snake’s fangs broke the teen’s skin, and doctors determined that he did not need anti-venom.

Smith was released from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon.