Man lies dead in restaurant toilet for three days before being discovered

Hungry Jack’s restaurant location (illustration) 
By: Chan Yuan

Police launched an investigation after a man died of a drug overdose in a restaurant toilet before being discovered three days later, according to police in Australia.

Police said that they are concerned about the hygiene of the Hungry Jack’s restaurant on Wanneroo Road in Westminster, after it took three days for employees to discover the dead body in the toilet.

Accident to the police investigation, the man, who was not identified, entered the toilet on Friday night. The toilet had a floor to ceiling partition and door with a single vent.

At some point, the man overdosed on drugs and died. The body was only discovered on Monday morning.

The restaurant was open over the weekend, but apparently, the employees did not clean the toilets the entire time or they would have discovered the dead man.

The company said in a statement that they are cooperating with the police investigation. The death is not being treated as suspicious as the man died of a heroin overdose.