Latest News

Boy bursts into flames after setting deodorant on fire for fun

By Mason White 1:56 PM July 31, 2016
Kyle Round 

By: Wayne Morin
(Scroll down for video) A boy in the United Kingdom, suffered severe burns after playing with a lighter and deodorant.

The 14-year-old boy said that he found the lighter and he decided to have fun with it.

Kyle Round and his friend of Nottingham, were playing with the cigarette lighter in a wooded area.

The teens then decided to see what will happen when they light the contents of the Sure aerosol deodorant on fire.

The teens used the cigarette lighter to ignite the liquid while spraying it from the pressurized container.

After a short time, the bottle got too hot and they dropped it to the ground. The bottle exploded on impact and burst into a ball of flames.

The boy suffered burns to 12 percent of his body.

The teen managed to remove his shirt and together with his friend, they ran to a pub, where horrified customers called for help.

His parents Wayne, 36, and Alyssa Round, 33, were notified that their son was transferred to the Queen’s Medical Hospital, where he was treated for severe burns mainly to his face and arms.

Round now has to stay out of direct sunlight for two years, and it could take up to four years for the color of his skin to return to normal, his mother said.