Fire destroys man’s boat after he lit candle in toilet to mask bad smellBy Mason White 2:43 AM August 8, 2016
By: Feng Qian
(Scroll down for video) A man is extremely sad after he accidentally destroyed his own boat by lighting a candle in the toilet, according to police in Florida.
Hollywood police said that the incident unsolved on Thursday around 11:30 p.m., at the Loggerhead Marina.
Firefighters rushed to the scene after receiving calls about three burning boats. The owner of one of the boats greeted the firefighters and explained to them what happened.
The man said that the fire erupted after he lit a candle in the bathroom because it was very smelly after he used it. The fire quickly spread to the neighboring boats.
In total, three boats sank as a result of the fire. Witnesses at the scene said that the fire shot about 15 feet in the air. People also heard large explosions, suspecting the boats’ gas tanks exploded from the heart of the fire.
Fifteen firefighters placed the fire under control. The man’s boat was 39 feet long and was valued at $170,000.