16-year-old girl dies of drug overdose inside Starbucks bathroom surrounded by drug paraphernalia and drugsBy Mason White 6:55 AM August 10, 2016
By: Mahesh Sarin
Police launched an investigation after a teenage girl was found dead of an apparent drug overdose inside a bathroom at Starbucks, according to police in Canada.
Port Moody police said that employees of the Starbucks, called police on Sunday, after finding the unresponsive 16-year-old girl inside the bathroom.
Police also found drug paraphernalia and a small quantity of drugs near the girl. The incident happened at the Starbucks located on Ioco Road, around 5:30 p.m.
Paramedics of the Ambulance Service and firefighters of the Port Moody Fire Department, tried to revive her, but failed.
Police have warned drug users to never consume drugs alone.
The girl was identified as Gwyn Staddon, after police notified her parents about the death.
“F- drugs. F- dealers. F- up lives, destroying families,” a friend of the girl wrote on Facebook.
“I wish I could have helped you get clean off those drugs, and I’m sorry I was too late. It hurts to know that you’ll no longer be here, and I can’t see your smiling, beautiful face anymore,” another friend wrote.