A man in Washington, was left scratching his head after police threw him in jail for trying to get rid of the bugs in his home using an improvised flamethrower.
Centralia police said that they have arrested the man, who was not identified, after telling his neighbors that he accidentally set his apartment on fire while trying to get rid of bugs.
The man was charged with second-degree reckless burning. He was booked into jail, pending a bail hearing.
According to the police investigation, the man got so fed up with cockroaches in his apartment, he used a can of bug spray with a lighter to create a makeshift flamethrower in an effort to burn the bugs alive.
When the apartment filled with smoke, he left and alerted his neighbors that something might be on fire. One of his neighbors called 911 to report the incident in the 300 block of North Avenue Tower.
Police and firefighters who arrived at the scene, did not find any evidence of a fire and no damage was seen in the apartment.