Police were called to a gay club after a man removed lubricant from a dispenser and switched it with hydrochloric acid.
The 62-year-old man of Australia, was arrested after being detained by security guards at the club.
Police in Sydney, said that the man went into the Aarrows club in Rydalmere, and tampered with the lubricant dispenser.
However, the man did not know that the club has fitted the dispenser with an alarm system since it has been tampered with in the past.
When the 62-year-old man replaced the lubricant with hydrochloric acid, the alarm went off and he was caught.
Hydrochloric acid can cause burns, ulcers and scars when it comes into contact with skin.
The suspect was charged with administering a poison with intent to injure or cause distress or pain, entering a building with intent, malicious damage and driving while suspended.
The Aarrows club describes itself as “Sydney’s premier health, recreation and social centre where safe sex is permitted regardless of gender.”