Latest News

Subway restaurant worker electrocutes flies directly over food

By Mason White 5:39 PM September 18, 2016
Sandwich (illustration) 

By: Mahesh Sarin
(Scroll down for video) A man said that he was shocked to see a Subway restaurant worker killing flies over food.

Justin Clemons of Indianapolis, Indiana, said that he was eating at Subway at 2120 E King Street, when he heard a zapping sound.

He looked up to investigate what was going on, and he spotted an employee holding a tennis racket style fly zapper and killing the flies over the food.

Clemons decided to take a video of the incident and posted it to Facebook and YouTube.

“I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing,” he wrote. “This is by far the most unsanitary thing I have witnessed in a restaurant. Subway should be embarrassed. I will never eat there again.”

However, Jeffrey Reeves replied to the YouTube video post, saying that he was also at the Subway restaurant at the time of incident.

He wrote: “The plastic doors that cover the food were closed at the time he was removing bugs. Those covers are always down over the food when no customers are in line and business is slow. If anything, I am glad he is trying to remove the fruit flies.

“People would be amazed to see what restaurant owners have to do to keep food sanitary and safe. Due to produce, I assure you that there are bugs in every restaurant. The food in this Subway is 100 percent safe.”